Superintendent- 2nd shift
Superintendent – 2nd shift
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a Superintendent on 2nd shift at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant reporting to the General Manager. This position is responsible for the planning and direction of the operations and fiscal health of the production of polyurethane foams. The Superintendent will have daily communication with employees in the plant, department supervisors, department managers, and plant management. This position works in a normal manufacturing environment with constant exposure to temperature changes and different noise levels. Major challenges involve directing many departments to ensure shipments are made in a timely basis and that product is manufactured on-time.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports Kaizen strategic initiatives.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction.
- Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes and schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies.
- Manage spending against budget in relation to changes in production volume.
- Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
Requirements and Experience
- High school education or GED;
- 2-4 years of prior experience in a supervisory role within a manufacturing or similar environment;
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to work M-F 3:00 pm to 12:00 am; available to flexible hours, overtime, holidays, weekends, and call-in with little notice.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time