Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Staff Accountant at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Staff Accountant, Promotions will be responsible for tracking, analyzing and reconciling promotional activity for the Carpet Cushion division. In addition, the Staff Accountant will track and analyze the performance of North American Sales and accurately process Customer Promotional Fund disbursements.
- Track, process, and reconcile convention, promotion, and performance incentives
- Accurate and consistent reporting of gross profit comparisons to sales team and upper management
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations
- Advanced Excel skills to include creating and using pivot tables, v-lookup, and data tables for analysis purposes
- Reconciliation of promotional customer trips with appropriate reporting of costs for tax purposes
- Process customer disbursement requests
- Monthly review of credit card processing fees to ensure accurate allocation of fees
- Supports the annual audit process by providing requested documentation to internal and/or external auditors
- Assists with planning promotional trips as needed
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of accounting experience and knowledge of GAAP
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional communication skills and customer service experience
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time