Sr. Treasury Analyst
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an opening for a Sr. Treasury Analyst at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for facilitating daily treasury operations, providing accurate cash reporting and assisting with bank structure management and risk management activities.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will be expected to work cross functionally with the finance team to analyze Carpenter’s financial activity, cash needs and possible financial exposures.
Your additional responsibilities as Sr. Treasury Analyst will include:
- Adhere to month-end cut-off schedules for reconciliations of all cash-related accounts, all month-end processes, and all related journal entries
- Assist in executing standby letters of credit, export letters of credit, and similar instruments
- Oversee the preparation of the daily, weekly and monthly reports on the global cash position
- Assist with the company’s hedging program
- Assist with risk management by identifying and recommending strategies to minimize foreign currency and interest rate exposures
- Monitor and assist with short- and long-term intercompany settlements and transactions
- Provide information in connection with the external and internal audits and monitor cash management activities to ensure compliance
- Approve foreign exchange, wire transactions, and facilitate other credit line transactions
- Support FX front-office processes including loading FX trades and rates, maintaining settlement instructions and updating FX mandates with counterparty banks
- Assist with implementation of an FX exposure management tool as needed
- Develop, monitor and analyze bank fees including credit card and cash management expenses
- Maintain positive banking relationships with depository banks and the appropriate banking community
- Assist in maintaining banking records and legal documentation including FBAR-related documentation
- Work with treasury management to maintain and rationalize the company’s choice of key global banks including the analysis of bank fee structures, services, relationships, credit levels and counterparty credit quality/exposure
- Act as a treasury liaison with the company’s business units in setting up new banking accounts, services, and handling bank inquiries and related matters
- Work with company’s business units to prepare cash forecasts and other cash and borrowing projection models
- Work with Finance team on developing operating cash flow forecasts, enhance visibility into global cash balances, optimize working capital and establish metrics/key performance indicators
- Assist with presentation material for Management and the Board of Directors, as needed
- Assist Legal with “know your customer”
- Maintain record of account signatories
- Assist with financing negotiations including financial covenants and reporting requirements
- Work closely with foreign subsidiaries, the European Treasury Director and attend Treasury Committee Meetings
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 3+ years of corporate treasury experience, preferably in an international organization.
- CTP Strongly Preferred
- CFA, MBA or CPA (or candidate) preferred
- Ability to quickly understand complex accounting, finance and treasury transactions
- Knowledge of the banking industry and technical knowledge of bank products and foreign exchange
- Ability to apply finance and treasury principles
- Intermediate or advanced excel user
- Ability to travel 3-5 times per year for up to 1 week at a time
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time