Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer. This position is responsible for hands on Mechanical Engineering across U.S. Divisions that supply Fiber products.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the Sr. Mechanical Engineer you will be expected to oversee and coordinate machine design, procurement and fabrication of new equipment as well as upgrading existing production equipment.
Your additional responsibilities as Sr. Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Oversee and coordinates machine design, procurement and fabrication of new equipment across fiber divisions
- Process improvement analysis and implementation to include upgrading existing production lines
- Provide technical support to division management and maintenance as needed
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar area of study
- Experience with design programs; Solidworks and AutoCAD preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of machine design experience with an understanding of continuous process flow from raw material to finished good
- Prior fiber experience preferred
- Proficient in mathmatical concepts and ability to estimate and accurately budget project costs
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.