Sr. Account Manager, Polyols
Carpenter Co. is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Sr. Account Manager to expand our existing base of business. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Sr. Account Manager is responsible in supporting the functions of the Polyols Sales organization through sales and customer interactions to establish the goals and direction of the division. This includes strategic planning, market segments, customers, and applications.
- Selling product and/or services to new accounts and expanding business sales to existing accounts.
- Work independently within an assigned customer base.
- Manage all aspects of the selling process.
- Administer sales policies and programs to meet sales and profit goals.
- Manage and build relationships with existing customers
- Identify and establish relationships with new customers.
- Promote and sell custom product offerings; have deep knowledge in product and/or service areas.
- Provide reliable feedback on marketplace and industry trends
- Assess competitive activities and assist in the development of appropriate counter measures
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related major
- Seven years’ experience in territory sales, marketing, or technical role within the Urethane or related chemical industries
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Proficiency in basic mathematics
- Consultative selling experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel 10 to 12 nights per month
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.