Shipping Lead 2nd Shift Riverside, CA
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Shipping Lead on 2nd Shift at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for assisting the Supervisor in directing and guiding operations within the department to load finished products according to customer specifications and company standards.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to have ongoing communication with the department Supervisor and other plant management. This position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges of this position involve proper loading of materials on trucks to maximize usage of space.
Additional responsibilities of the Shipping Lead will include:
- Must have a thorough understanding of all equipment in the department and understand quality standards for all products in the department.
- Assist in the inventory process, adjusting as needed.
- Works with Department Supervisor/Manager on all priority scheduling for daily orders.
- Assist in training employees.
- Coordinate material to be reissued for rushes, missing pieces, or special orders.
- Load trucks in proper sequence.
- Check loading tickets.
- Lockout trailers before loading and unlock once loading is complete.
- Use forklift to load trailers as needed.
- Record and track information in inventory control system.
- Verify trucks have been loaded properly.
- Move stock in loading area as necessary.
- Inspect trailers for damage.
- Run manifest and bills of lading.
- Handle finished bedding goods up to 75 lbs
- Lock out and chock wheels.
- Use computers to scan rolls.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have 2 years’ experience within the Shipping department.
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure
- Basic computer skills, able to use computerized equipment in daily operations
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- 4+ years of forklift experience
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time