Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has immediate openings for Sewers, 1st Shift at our Hickory/Longview, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for assembling individual fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated cushion covers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to produce sewn materials that meets specific customer specifications and/or requirements, while ensuring efficiency and quality standards are met. The position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Your additional responsibilities as a Sewer will include:
- Receive and understand instructions from line/lead person, Supervisor, or Management.
- Assemble using specified sewing procedures, fiber and ticking components into finished product according to specified customer requirements.
- Check final product to ensure quality standards are adhered to, based on customer needs or specifications.
- Place finished product into "completed area" for next step in production process.
- Assist in cleaning equipment and performing basic preventative maintenance.
- Maintain clean work areas and perform basic maintenance.
- Set up sewing area with adequate supplies.
- Adhere to established department and production procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior industrial sewing experience is required. Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to efficiently and effectively operate sewing machinery and/or equipment.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and call-in with little notice.
Pay rate: $20.01 to $20.67/hr
Shift Hours: Monday to Friday 6:00am – 2:30pm. Schedules may vary in length.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $20.66 to $21.34/hour
Job Status: Full Time