Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Sales Representative within our Tupelo Furniture and Bedding division. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence and offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Sales Representative will be will be the face of the organization to clients in the Southern (MS/AL/TN/AR) region. Through a combination of prospecting and planning this role is responsible for building and maintaining business relationships with furniture, bedding and packaging companies throughout the Southern region.
- Learn and understand Carpenter’s products and capabilities
- Service existing accounts and prospect and close new business accounts though effective organization and efficient planning
- Work with plant and technical center personnel, as well as management team to develop solutions to customer inquiries
- Prepare weekly call report and weekly sales report
- Prepare monthly and annual territory analysis to be submitted to the Sales Manager in order to strategize and discuss business goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience
- Bedding, furniture or foam knowledge highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a variety of customers at all levels of an organization
- Must have basic computer skills with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel approximately 5-10 overnights per month
Job Status: Full Time