Retirement Plan Administrator
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Retirement Plan Administrator at our Corporate office in Richmond, Virginia. The Retirement Plan Administrator will oversee and administer the Carpenter Co. retirement plans including 401K and Profit Sharing.
The Retirement Plan Administrator will be expected to adhere to benefit plan governance documents and regulatory requirements, maintenance of Profit Sharing Plan records in support of plan participants and communicating effectively with plan participants, third party service providers, and Human Resources representatives. This will also include working with internal and external auditors.
Additional responsibilities of the Retirement Plan Administrator include:
- Process participant payments
- Research retirement plan lost participants for adherence to DOL/Corporate policy
- Review/monitor monthly and quarterly 401k plan transactions
- Various employee mailings
- Record quarterly Profit Sharing Plan FIS transactions, quarterly statements and participant mailings
- Determines annual Profit Sharing Contribution applied to participant accounts
- Maintain records for US and Canadian Profit Sharing Plan
- Monthly accounting for employee benefits and account reconciliation
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting or other related discipline
- 3+ years of experience with retirement benefit plan administration and some light accounting experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of DOL and IRS Retirement Plan regulations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Exceptional organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Financial reporting system experience
- Some payroll knowledge
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time