Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Longview, NC location as a Regulator.
The successful candidate will be expected to spread stuffing material inside the finished cover to produce an even feel and look to the completed product.
Major challenge involves the proper dispensation of material inside the pillow and/or comforter. Interacts and communicates directly with lead person, material handlers, machine operators, and other regulators. Works in a normal plant environment with exposure to temperature changes.
High school diploma or GED.
- Prior manufacturing experience is required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Place foam core or bonded foam and fiber cushion in the stuffing machine and compress.
- Place cover over the outside of the stuffing machine and activate the stuffer to insert the foam or foam and fiber in the cover.
- Using a regulating needle or using the hand, fill the corners of the cover with filled materials, making sure all corners are filled and seams properly aligned and parallel with the foam edges.
- Inspect for quality assurance.
- Enclose cushion using enclosing (sewing) machine.
Job Status: Full Time