Recordkeeper, Checker / Loader
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Checker/Loader and Recordkeeper at our Conover, NC manufacturing plant on 2nd shift. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate production records for the fiber department.
Additional responsibilities of the Recordkeeper will include:
- Ensure production sheets and labels are prepared, present and completed in accordance with the production schedule.
- Calculate and record relevant production information as required.
- Keep record of all production run time and down time.
- Maintain and/or update set up information for each product run. Verify that production is in accordance with established set up.
- Calculate in process material and notify supervisor of when products changeover is to occur.
- Inspect finished product for defect or other production errors.
- Label and load material on racks or skids.
- Assist in other line operations as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Some computer skills and experience needed; experience with SAP a plus.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Locations2009 Keisler Dairy Road, Conover, NC 28613
Pay Rate: $16.92 to $17.99/hour
Pay Comments: Carpenter Co. also offers a 1.00/hour shift differential for all hours worked on 2nd or 3rd shifts, and bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for all employees working 40 or more hours in the pay period.
2nd shift hours are 4pm-2am, Monday-Friday, working 50 hours a week.
Pay: $16.92 to $17.98/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a weekly bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for working 40 or more hours in the pay period. $75.00 bonus pay for working 50 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time