Quality Control Manager
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Quality Manager at our Elkhart, Indiana manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for maintaining the quality and reliability of products and services provided to internal and external customers through monitoring and performing quality checks. This position communicates daily with most all members of management, customers, vendors, etc.
This position directs the activities designed to maintain that products produced meet the specifications, guidelines and standards set forth by the highest quality in the industry. This position monitors the work of QC Auditors and QC Lab Techs involved in the sampling, measuring, and verifying that products being manufactured meet the predetermined quality standards/specifications. The knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations for quality control work, as well as supervisory techniques and a working knowledge of personnel policies and procedures must be used on a daily basis.
- Monitor the performance of quality control systems and document results for improvement; Establishes and maintains a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
- Directs the product testing process throughout the production cycle until the product is ready for internal and external customers.
- Maintains the local Quality Systems Manual and updates practices and forms following the Corporate guidelines.
- Identifies quality problems or areas of improvement and makes recommendations to management.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by management and/or Corporate.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of demonstrated manufacturing work experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to work extended hours as production warrants
Job Status: Full Time