Carpenter Company has immediate opening for a Production Supervisor at our Denver Colorado branch.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with management, excel in customer service skills, and work well independently.
This position is responsible for the supervising of the production of a variety of polyurethane foam products for internal and external customers. Responsible for leading the people in the work group. Responsible for maintaining work systems, procedures, safety compliance, and policies that enable and encourage optimum performance of people and resources.
This position is responsible for all areas of the bedding production line, equipment and employees. Supervises all the lead personnel and hourly employees. The position has regular and daily communication with all department personnel, branch manager, scheduling, quality and plant management.
- Supervises all the department personnel and assets to generate a profit for the company.
- Identifies and develops and trains the employees in the department to use their talents and abilities to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Manages and maintains a safe working environment as outlined by company standards, guidelines and government regulations. Makes sure that safety is a daily responsibility of both management and the employees they supervise.
- Establishes and maintains a level of quality consistent with the company’s standards and customer specifications using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
- Reviews and approves all department time records on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.
- Monitors the procedures involved with the processing of orders and completing paperwork and data entry into the computer system; Supervises inventory crews during monthly inventory.
- Establishes and maintains a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Attends conferences, meetings, workshops to stay current on new data processing methods and procedure applicable to codes and regulations and to maintain required levels of certification.
- Performs housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work areas.
Skills / Requirements
2+ years as a supervisor
Experience with Microsoft Office
Experience with SAP
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time