Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for 3rd Shift Production Supervisor at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for direct supervision for employees in the manufacturing departments for assigned product lines. This position is also responsible for cross-training and backup of our 3rd Shift Superintendent duties in that person's absence.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production and distribution goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Production Supervisor will be expected to organize, direct, and monitor all aspects of production in assigned departments, assisting in other departments as needed.
Additional responsibilities of the Production Supervisor will include:
- Involved in daily planning.
- Supervise hourly personnel.
- Responsible for overseeing quality in the department.
- Coordinate daily schedule.
- Responsible for training.
- Responsible for completing customer orders efficiently and to customer specifications while keeping overtime hours at a minimum.
- Responsible for proper equipment operation and to ensure all Preventive Maintenance Programs are being followed and completed.
- Responsible for safety and that all safety policies and rules are being followed.
- Responsible for implementing all company policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for housekeeping per value of order.
- Responsible for setting standards and monitor to ensure they are being met.
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership behavior.
- Coordinate with customer service and/or production to ensure timely loading of product.
Skills and Requirements:
- One to three years’ Supervisory experience required to perform the job, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical experience or aptitude to aid in diagnosing and trouble shooting machines/forklifts in the department.
- Some PC background, good communication skills, must be able to read a tape measure, and fork lift training.
- Able to delegate duties and responsibilities effectively, as well as to monitor and direct several separate processes.
- Ability to function under pressure is essential.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Hours: 3rd Shift (typically 9:30PM to 6:30AM). Training on 1st Shift may be required for several weeks before transferring to 3rd. Infrequent extended hours due to seasonal increases in production.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Exemption: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Management
Manages Others: Yes
Industry: Manufacturing, Consumer Products, Logistics
Required Travel: Minimal
Job Status: Full Time