Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Pouring Operator, 1st shift at our Mt. Airy, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for monitoring before, during and after the process of combining chemicals to product foam for internal and external customers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with all employees on the pour line, the supervisor, manager and technical manager during the pouring process. This position works in a chemical environment with exposure to chemicals and temperature changes.
Your additional responsibilities as a Pouring Operator will include:
- Checks compressed air and chemical temperatures prior to daily pouring line operations.
- Checks to make sure all pumps are running, chemicals are flowing, and all drives are in good working order.
- Calibrates all chemicals prior to the pouring process on a regular scheduled basis.
- Monitors all tanks to be used in the daily pouring process to make sure they are open a sufficient level to accommodate the daily pouring process.
- During the pouring process changes chemical flow rates and adjust the recipe as necessary to achieve a quality pour.
- Monitors all the plastic during the pouring process.
- Records all pressure and pump rates and enters these readings into the pouring log during the pouring process.
- Enters the chemical lot numbers into the pouring log at the end of the pouring process.
- Checks all chemical disconnects to make sure they are off at the end of the pouring process.
- Will also train to be back up for the department clerk.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- Previous chemical experience preferred.
- Prior machine operating experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day-to-day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary test on an annual basis.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime.
Pay rate: $18.95 to $19.50/hr
Shift Hours: Monday to Friday 6:30am – 3:00pm. Schedules may vary in length.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $18.95 to $19.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time