Pouring Line Engineer
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1st Shift Pour Line Engineer at our Tupelo/Verona, MS manufacturing plant. The incumbent in this entry level position will receive extensive training on polyurethane slab stock production.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to assist with the direct supervision of hourly production personnel. The Pouring Line Engineer is also responsible for maintaining daily communication with department management, production personnel, scheduling, quality, and plant management.
Additional responsibilities of the Pour Line Engineer will include:
- Develops understanding of pouring line technology (example: machinery, PLC and formulations)
- Follows company standard operating procedures
- Participates in pour line projects
- Assist and interact with Technical Support Group
- Supervise pour line crew
- Physically assist equipment setup
- Contact and interact with suppliers
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry
- 1-2 years in a manufacturing environment
- Prior history of successful accomplishments in work experience and/or classroom setting
- Willingness to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit-sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment
Job Status: Full Time