Responsible for the safe operation of a specific piece of equipment used to manufacturer components and or/ finished products for internal and external customers as defined by a daily production schedule. Forklift certification required and will be provided.
Position must maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and department personnel to make sure that the needs of all internal and external customers through scheduled cutting instructions. The position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges include the efficient slitting of foam with varying cutting instructions based on internal and external customer’s requirements.
Must have the ability to read a basic tape measure. Must have basic reading, writing and math skills Must have some computer experience and be able to use a computer in day to day operations. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions. Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to read and completely understand the labeling process and read and write English.
- Must maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Must have the ability to learn and operate a Slitter Saw.
- Performs cutting operations according to customer’s specifications.
- Conducts quality checks on all materials to ensure the product meets all specifications.
- Monitors the equipment to make sure that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Records pertinent data into the recording system.
- Must follow a prepared production schedule to cut slabs of foam into useable components for internal and external customers.
- Must follow work instructions to maintain quality requirements.
- Must adjust the cutting schedule to insure the most efficient use of each slab of foam.
- Must communicate with management to insure the proper labeling of cut blocks.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Job Type: Full-time - 6:00 am Shift start time
Job Status: Full Time