Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for an Operations Trainee in Tupelo, MS. The Operations Trainee position will allow you to learn our business, manufacturing processes, and skills necessary to develop into a Management role. This position is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operations excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
- Become familiar with processes, machinery, and supervision of manufacturing procedures
- Work with the Plant Manager to assist in the operation, management, and supervision of various departments
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to make sure production standards and quality standards meets specifications
- Individuals who have started in this position have moved into management positions
- Willing to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing or production facilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a variety of management at all levels of an organization
- Must have basic computer skills with MS Office including Word and Excel
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
Hours: Typically 6 AM to 3 PM plus occasional weekend/Saturday work
Employment Type: Full-Time
Exemption: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Supervision/Operations Trainee
Manages Others: Not initially, but upon promotion to management position
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: Minimal
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time