Mattress Material Handler
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for Mattress Material Handler (primarily forklift driving, but also inside rotation line work) in our Laminated Mattress Department on 1st shift [6am start time] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. These positions are responsible for producing specific products(s) for external customers in an efficient, safe and productive environment meeting the demands established by a daily production schedule and customers specifications. The hourly starting pay rates for these positions is $21.38 to $22.29 per hour.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve learning the many varieties of mattress manufactured by this department.
Additional Responsibilities of these positions include the following:
- Forklift operation a majority of the time.
- Fast pace, strong organizational skills, quality and attention to detail.
- Must be able to operate Laminator, sock closer and straight line sewing machine.
- Ability to work as a team member and have good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be able to team lift with other line workers up to 70lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Must learn different types of mattresses produced and the configuration of each.
- Must be able to box and package mattresses per specifications.
- Must fully understand qualify standards as prescribed by management.
- Must be able to build, sock cover and box mattresses in an efficient manner.
- Work in any position on the line when needed and work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Able to use scanner and read schedule.
- Organize storage area and maintain VOO.
- Able to read a tape measure.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- One year manufacturing experience
- One year of assembly experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift mattresses in a team with other operators, up to 70 pounds the entire production shift.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug tests on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: 6:00am start (work 8 - 10 hours per shift, depending on production schedule)
Pay: $21.38 to $22.29/hour
Excellent Benefits including profit sharing!
Job Status: Full Time