Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for Mattress Kitter in our Laminated Mattress Department on 2nd shift [2:00pm start time] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for producing specific products(s) for external customers in an efficient, safe and productive environment meeting the demands established by a daily production schedule and customers specifications. This position is responsible for working as a team of line coordinators to make sure the production lines have all of the foam needed to produce mattresses as scheduled per the customer specifications. The pay rate for this position starts at $22.45 to $23.31 per hour plus $2 per hour shift premium and a seniority premium.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be efficient in the operator of several pieces of equipment within the department to determine the best material utilization. This position will also involve learning the many varieties of mattress manufactured by this department.
Additional Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Responsible to learn the kitting area which includes the following: Driving Forklift, Stacking foam, staging foam for the assembly line(s).
- Will learn all foam types and the recipe for each type of mattress.
- Assist with monthly inventory as needed.
- Operate laminator, sock closer and banding machine.
- Build, sock cover and box mattresses in an efficient manner.
- Work in any position on the line when needed, including all associated machines on Inside or Outside Rotation.
- Cross train to learn how to run each kind of mattress.
- Will fully understand the quality standards as prescribed by management and ensure correct procedures and the quality of products being produced.
- Maintain a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Work as a team to maintain value or order within the department.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- 1+ years manufacturing experience preferred.
- 1+ years of assembly experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be able to lift materials weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 90 pounds in a team.
- Ability to use a scanner and read the production schedule.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: 2:00pm - 10:00pm with OT as production demands
Pay: $22.45 to $23.31/hour
Excellent benefits, profit sharing & seniority premium!
Job Status: Full Time