3rd shift Material Handler
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Material Handler on 3rd shift at our Hickory/Longview, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for efficiently and safely handling unfinished and/or finished product or material to ensure an orderly flow of raw materials and finished goods.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with department supervisors, department operators, and production personnel on a daily basis, and maintain a well-organized work area that is safely stacked and properly labeled to achieve the necessary results to meet production and shipping schedules.
Your additional responsibilities as a Material Handler will include:
- Receive finished product at the end of the line.
- Inspect finished goods prior to passing on to the next process.
- Place correct stickers on each piece.
- Bundle like pieces and tie together.
- Read and follow route slips and daily schedules.
- Complete all required paperwork correctly and accurately.
- Assist with other areas of the production area as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Some manufacturing experience preferred, but not required.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to work in a continuous fast- paced environment with attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others.
- On the job training is provided.
Payrate: $18.35 to $18.89/hr.
Shift Hours: Sunday through Thursday 8:30p - 5:00a, Schedules may vary in length.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit-sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $18.98 to $19.50/hour
Carpenter Co. offers $1.00 per hour shift differential for all hours worked on 3rd shift.
Job Status: Full Time