Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a material handler in the molding department on 2nd shift [2pm - 10pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for preparing molds for molding production, trims flash off molded parts coming out of mold, and places part on overhead conveyor.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a normal production environment with interaction and communication with fellow employees, operator/lead person and area supervisor. This positions may also involve performing other positions in department.
Additional Responsibilities of the material handler will include:
- Carefully remove parts from the mold
- Place HR parts on the conveyor
- Place all Visco parts on the Monorail pans
- Notify management of any problems (defects) seen with the parts
- Clean excess flash and any form that is sticking to the tools (molds)
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Entry Level with 6 months of manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2PM-10PM
Job Status: Full Time