Material Handler (Forklift) 3rd Shift, Riverside CA
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 3rd Shift Material Handler in our Back Stack Department at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for efficient and safe transporting of unfinished and/or finished product or material by use of equipment, machines, computers and paperwork.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will communicate with department supervisor, department operators and production personnel involving the need to transport supplies and finished product(s) to and from department on request. Maintain a well-organized storage area that is safely stacked and properly labeled to achieve the necessary results to meet production and shipping schedules.
Additional responsibilities of Material Handler will include:
- Operate powered industrial trucks to pick up and move material in support of operations, as necessary, from production area and the warehouse.
- Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area.
- Properly crush manufactured foam prior to staging.
- Operate a forklift in confined areas where other forklifts are operating and where employees are walking and working.
- Follow the Warehouse department layout plan for proper storage locations.
- Able to read and completely understand the labeling process.
- Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work area.
Skills and Requirements
- Must have basic computer experience and basic knowledge of data entry
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in daily operations.
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure.
- 1+ year prior forklift experience.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time