Material Handler, Fiber
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Material Handler on 2nd shift [1:00pm - 9:00pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for learning line responsibilities and completing them in a safe and efficient manner. Team members will be cross-trained in line functions and rotated through responsibilities.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department and supervisor. This position will also involves proper set up of materials and equipment to product a product that meets customer specifications and company standards.
Additional responsibilities of the Material Handler will include:
- Operate the line in accordance with the daily production schedule
- Operate a forklift to move, pick up or unload material in support of fiber operations.
- Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area and load to bale opener machines.
- Properly label all fiber finished material for future use.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure products are within customer specifications.
- Communicate effectively and work well with others as part of an efficient team.
- Read and understand production schedules.
- Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work areas.
- Assist with inventory, as needed.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- At least one year of manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure is required.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic Computer experience required.
- Must be able to train on 1st shift.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 1pm- 9pm must be able to train on 1st shift or a split shift for a few months.
Job Status: Full Time