Material Handler - 2nd Shift
Carpenter Co. is looking for a dedicated individual to join our Richmond, VA plant as a 2nd shift (2PM-10:30PM) Material Handler in the Fiber department. The Material Handler will be responsible for the efficient and safe transporting of unfinished and/or finished product or material by use of equipment, machines, computers and paperwork. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with department supervisor, department operators and production personnel involving the need to transport supplies and finished product(s) to and from department on request. Maintain a well organized storage area that is safely stacked and properly labeled to achieve the necessary results to meet production and shipping schedules. Must have the ability to train during the hours of 4:30PM-1AM.
- Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area and load to bale opener machines.
- Properly label all fiber finished material for future use.
- Follow the Fiber department layout plan for proper storage locations.
- Able to read and completely understand the labeling process.
- Clean Fiber Machine line when production is finished.
- Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work area.
Carpenter Co. is looking for a committed team player that takes pride in their performance. In addition, the Material Handler should have the following:
- High school diploma
- 1+ year of manufacturing experience
- Experience working with fiber or fiber knowledge helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow directions
- Ability to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to be at work on time
- Computer Skills - Basic computer skills are essential; Preferred knowledge of SAP, but not necessary.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Job Status: Full Time