Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Management Trainee located at our Lakeland, FL EPS location. This opportunity will directly support our Plant Manager in all aspects of the plant environment, while training to perform management duties within the plant, and developing toward greater promotional opportunities.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operational excellence. As the Management Trainee, you will be expected to shadow other Department Managers to gain plant wide operational knowledge and experience. You will learn how to identify and apply important strategies and business processes. To succeed in this role, strong analytical skills and effective communication are important. The position works with production supervisors, production managers, the Plant Manager, and Division Manager.
This position will assist the Plant Manager and General Manager in the daily operations of the plant in order to learn and acquire competencies necessary for future plant leadership opportunities.
- Receives training and performs duties in several departments such as operations, credit, customer relations, accounting, or sales.
- Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints, and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business.
- Sets performance goals and objectives with upper management.
- Monitors performance progress with management and key trainers.
- Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
- Attends company-sponsored training classes
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Chemical or Manufacturing/Industrial field is required
- Major in: Business Mgmt., Organizational Leadership or Engineering a plus
- Master's degree is a plus
- 2+ years in manufacturing with experience as a manager or supervisor preferred
- Prior history of successful accomplishments in work experience and/or projects
- Prior supervisory experience and willing to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
- Willing to relocate for future growth opportunities
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Lakeland EPS Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Hours: Typically 8 AM to 5 PM
Employment Type: Full-Time
Exemption: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Supervision/Management Trainee
Manages Others: Not initially, but upon promotion to management position
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: Sporadic during training, plus possible relocation
Pay: $66,000 to $70,000/year
Job Status: Full Time