Maintenance, Mechanic/Electrician B
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Maintenance, Mechanic/Electrician B at our Temple, TX plant. This position is responsible for maintaining plant and production equipment.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with the department Lead Person, Maintenance Manager, Production Managers and all the other employees in the department to make sure that all scheduled and unscheduled repairs are repaired in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities of the Maintenance, Mechanic/Electrician B:
- Knowledge of conveyor systems and components, belts, bearing, sprockets, gear reducers
- Hand tool knowledge, welding, cutting, minor fabrication
- Timely communication of problems and issues affecting plant performance to management
- Demonstrate the ability to perform work independently (work alone)
- Has the ability to recognize mechanical problems before a breakdown through an established preventative maintenance
- Communicate with and maintain a team-based attitude with fellow co-workers and managers
- This position requires occasional overtime, trouble call-ins and some scheduled weekend work.
Skills / Requirements
1+ years Industrial maintenance is highly preferred
High School Diploma or GED
Forklift, genie boom and scissor lift operation
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $20.35 to $21.54/hour
Job Status: Full Time