Lab Technician - Chemical Blending
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Lab Technician in our Chemical Blending Department at our Richmond, VA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for performing quality control work for chemical blending production and inspecting the quality of the methods used by Chemical Blending. Must have some prior experience and knowledge of a chemical wet lab.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations of excellence. This successful candidate will be expected to be efficient in the operation of several areas within the Chemical Blending Lab.
Additional responsibilities of the Lab Technician will include:
- Perform all quality control ERC test methods for chemical blending production according to the ERC Test Methods Manual.
- Assist Production Manager and supervisor with production trials.
- Maintain preventative maintenance and calibration of all quality control equipment.
- Keep accurate records regarding the testing of chemical blending production and maintenance and calibration of all quality control equipment.
- Inspect the quality of packages ready for shipment as well as all accompanying paperwork.
- Inspect the quality of chemical blending jobs performed on a daily basis ( i.e. drumming, blending etc.).
- Maintain inventory of all laboratory parts and supplies.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1+ years manufacturing experience.
- 1+ months related Chemical Lab experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to read a interpret a tape measure.
- Basic Computer knowledge and ability to use computerized equipment in daily operations.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Status: Full Time