Insulation Division - 2nd Shift Team Operator (Lakeland, FL)
Carpenter Co. is known far and wide as one of the most successful and innovative companies in the world. Since our founding in 1948, we have developed a corporate culture that has helped revolutionize the comfort cushioning industry. Today, with about 5,000 employees, 18 product divisions, 46 global divisions and $1.7 billion in sales, we manufacture more comfort cushioning products than any other company.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost/high benefit health insurance, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), profit sharing, education assistance, and paid time off. We offer long-term opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Lakeland Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us!
Team Operator & Forklift Driver
Operate all equipment in the EPS department while meeting production and quality standards for the department. Collect appropriate data and document. Perform final quality check on finished product and load on trailer per customer requirements.
Must run all equipment efficiently. On a rotational basis, if required, must be able to operate the cranes according to company guidelines. Must be able to communicate with department co-workers, manager, company and commercial drivers. Work in a normal production environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior forklift experience
- Machine operator experience preferred
- Must be capable of learning to safely and efficiently operate several pieces of equipment in the Dept.(Elevator, Bombay system and drive forklift)
- Experience working with a team. Team orientated
- Must be able to do basic math including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong computer knowledge and ability to learn SAP system
- Must be capable of being immediately forklift certified in-house
- Must know how to accurately use a tape measure/Decimal gauge
- Frequently lift and maneuver blocks of foam on and off the line weighing up to 80 lbs
- Must be able to speak, read, write English
- Must work overtime as needed on a limited notice to fill customer’s demands
- Maintain Value of Order in the Department
- Drug testing required.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and be able to meet the physical requirements of this position with/or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays with little call in time.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS AND NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE!
Job Status: Full Time