Industrial Painter/Maintenance Utility
E.R. Carpenter, LP, a Petrochemical Plant located in Pasadena, TX is looking for a hardworking, dedicated employee to join our Maintenance department.
The main responsibilities are to paint tanks, pipe, etc.; repair walls inside and outside of buildings; paint other assigned production equipment; assist with general labor activities throughout the plant.
- Performs general labor including, but not limited to: spill cleanup, clean exchangers, etc.
- Assists all other maintenance crafts
- Operates forklift
- Apply primers or sealer to prepare surfaces, such as bare wood, metal, piping, fixtures, structures and equipment for finish coats.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to heavy equipment, buildings, and/or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers. May use epoxy, latex or enamel coatings.
- Disassembles paint equipment and cleans equipment, using solvent, wire brushes, and dry cloth.
- Mix and match colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil and thinning agent in order to obtain desired colors and consistencies.
- Respiratory protection is common and required in many applications.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and projects policies and rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have clear driving record.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time