Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Industrial Engineer at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for supporting our manufacturing and packaging operations within our plants.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the Industrial Engineer, you will be expected to help the company establish standards and methods for new production processes and utilize technical proficiency, problem solving abilities, and interpersonal skills in a dynamic production environment.
Your additional responsibilities as Industrial Engineer will include the ability to:
- Take a lead role in continuous improvement processes for existing operations, analyzing methods, and implementing process improvements
- This position will focus on methods improvement, material usage, plant layouts, lean manufacturing, and quality
- Conduct process improvements, time & motion studies, ergonomic work station designs, and other efficiency improvements
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a related discipline
- 5 years of work experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with time studies, layouts, methods, continuous improvement, and materials usage
- Strong computer experience including CAD and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel 30% to 40%
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time