Environmental Regulatory Specialist
Carpenter Co is currently seeking an Environmental Regulatory Specialist to join the Reinhart Technical Center (RTC) and manufacturing facility located in Richmond, Virginia. The RTC is a state-of-the-art research and development facility situated adjacent to the manufacturing facility.
The Environmental Regulatory Specialist will work collaboratively with, and under the guidance of Corporate Environmental Manager, while providing compliance support to both the RTC and manufacturing facility.
- Maintain data management and tracking for environmental reporting, permitting, and training
- Collecting and preparing stormwater discharge monitoring reports
- Preparing and submitting various environmental reports to satisfy air permit requirements, EPCRA reporting requirements, and stormwater discharge requirements
- Manage the hazardous and regulated waste program according to RCRA requirements
- Responding to minor chemical spills, if needed
- Working in tandem with the onsite Health and Safety Manager
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Engineering or another related field.
- 3+ years of experience in workplace, environmental compliance/management
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing and/or R&D operations, preferred
- Ability to identify, interpret and implement federal, state, and local environment regulations and/or standards that pertain to the organization's operations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to research and pay particular attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time