Electronics Technician A
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Industrial Electronics Technician on 1st shift at our Conover, NC manufacturing plant. The electronic technician is responsible for the electronic and computer components of all plant production equipment installed, repaired, and maintained to assure the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture product(s) for internal and external customers on a timely basis.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with the department lead person, supervisor and/or manager, as well as other members of management and employees in the department to make sure all scheduled and unscheduled repairs are completed in a timely manner.
Your additional responsibilities as Electronics Technician will include:
- Respond to all line calls as assigned and a as needs arise.
- Debug and troubleshoot electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Evaluate and report conditions that may be unsafe or affect efficient operation of machinery, equipment and building systems.
- Operate forklifts, clamp-lifts, genie boom, scissor lifts and other machinery as needed.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, equipment diagrams, complex drawings and manuals.
- The ability to use advanced shop math as well as utilize a wide variety of precision instruments and devices.
- Maintain plant lighting systems.
- Must be very knowledgeable of the inventory control and purchase order system.
- Train class "B" Electronic Technicians.
- May perform some mechanical duties on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2 years of higher education or technical school training preferred.
- Possess a strong electrical/electronic background with a minimum of 3-5 years of industrial electrical experience preferred.
- The successful candidate will be highly proficient in some or all of the following: 24VDC, 12-VAC control circuits
- Must have experience in programming of Allen Bradley ControlLogix v16 systems and higher
- Ability to generate, debug and modify PLC code – ladder logic, structured text and function block diagram
- Must have experience in programming of HMI / SCADA systems programming in a plant environment including higher level communications protocols – Red Lion / Profibus experience desired
- Ensure proactive safety measures for all equipment and processes. Seeks to identify and correct potential safety or environmental issues using NEC, NFPA, and other pertinent safety codes. Ensure safety procedures, such as Lock-Out Tag-Out, are followed at all times.
- Modify / generate electrical drawings using AutoCAD Electrical for systems changes including control panel layouts, component documentation, and schematics. Review electrical drawing packages for conformance to Carpenter Co. standards.
- Strong fundamental understanding of 3 phase electrical systems, machine/motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, VFD and Servo programming, communication protocols, and practical application
- Ability to reach fundamental understanding of controls issues utilizing sound troubleshooting skills.
- Capable of executing project assignments, in a team-based environment, with minimal supervision.
- Various types of sensors (PE's, Prox's, Encoders, etc.).
- Relay controls
- Strong PC skills (Windows OS, Word, Excel)
- PC networking (Ethernet)
Pay rate: $28.79 to $30.33/hr.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $29.73 to $31.32/hour
Job Status: Full Time