Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic at our Tupelo, MS manufacturing plant Reporting to the Traffic Manager, the Diesel Mechanic is responsible for fixing, replacing, and repairing trailers and truck equipment, mechanical devices or leaks. Other responsibilities will include:
- Performing basic electrical repairs
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Pre-check, install, relocate, and make major mechanical repairs
- Report conditions encountered that may effect the operation of the equipment
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Skills / Requirements
- High school education, as well as six to twelve months of mechanical training preferred
- 2-4 years of prior experience
- Must service and repair all tractors, vehicles, and trailers within the department of Transportation and Carpenter Company Guidelines, Rules, and regulations.
- Must have the ability to follow a daily established work schedule for the repair and the preventative maintenance of all vehicles and trailers schedule by a shipping schedule for delivery of finished product(s) to external customers and or Company business.
- Must have the ability to complete all documentation properly in accordance with Company and department of Transportation Policy.
- Must know all the Carpenter Company safety rules and regulations.
- Must make sure that the Value of Order in the garage is an everyday standard of practice.
- Must maintain a current CDL.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to repair a diesel or gasoline engine and the powertrain.
- Reports all major mechanical failures that could affect the operation of the Traffic Department.
Job Status: Full Time