Contour Cutter Operator (Longview)
Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Longview Branch, as a Saw Operator (Contour Cutter Operator). 3rd shift
The successful candidate will be expected to operate cutting machine (contour cutter) to ensure material complies with customer specifications.
Major challenge involves the efficient cutting of foam products per varying customer specifications. Interacts and communicates directly with department personnel, supervision, and management. Works in normal production facility environment with exposure to temperature changes.
High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience as a saw operator is required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Perform cutting operations according to programs and customer specifications.
- Perform quality checks on materials to ensure the product meets customer specifications.
- Unload finished cut buns and blocks and transport to next production area.
- Maintain communication with line personnel to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Record pertinent information of programs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification, and operate the truck safely and efficiently.
- Cross-train to operate other cutting equipment as needed.
Job Status: Full Time