Commercial Category Manager, Fiber
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Commercial Category Manager at our Corporate office in Richmond, Virginia. This position will be responsible for identifying and evaluating strategic initiatives that drive the growth and expansion of the company through additional product offerings and markets.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will work closely with sales teams, customers, leadership, and technical teams to bring new or enhanced products to market and help identify target accounts for new and existing products.
Your additional responsibilities as Commercial Category Manager will include:
- Conduct thorough market research and analysis to identify emerging trends.
- Evaluate the financial and strategic feasibility of potential opportunities.
- Plan, prepare and execute product development, product enhancements, marketing and branding strategies based on industry trends along with feedback from sales and customers to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Provide marketing and product guidance to sales team
- Create and update product literature and marketing tools
- Collect and evaluate customer requirements and business data, and develop a business plan that meets the requirements and charts the course for future growth for the company.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or other related discipline
- 3+ years of product management and experience working with sales and customer on strategic solutions
- Demonstrated strong track record of generating solution-based, business-to-business sales opportunities for new products
- Ability to gather and analyze both customer and consumer data to identify market opportunities
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Able and willing to travel up to 50%
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time