Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Collections Specialist at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Collections Specialist will perform a variety of duties including contacting Carpenter’s Canadian customers for past due balances, Additionally, the Credit Specialist will send out Credit department letters and scan customer documents into the document management system.
- Contact customers to arrange for the payment of past due balances and escalate when necessary
- Respond to telephone inquiries from internal and external customers and assist in resolving account questions
- Perform order release for US and Canadian accounts
- Prepare new account letters to customers
- Send and receive credit references
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Follow the collection strategies as determined by the Director of Credit.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in collections, preferably commerical
- Ability to effectively demonstrate professional communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to prioritize
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time