Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a CMMS Coordinator on 1st Shift at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks within the Maintenance Department including transcribing data from documents into electronic system, and holding special parts and services.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be in constant communication with maintenance manager and planner to perform daily processing of maintenance documentation including generating, routing, and tracking work requests, work orders, preventative maintenance work orders, and organizing of the maintenance department. Major challenges include working independently to keep paper work and customer needs taken care of with little direction. Must have a good memory.
Additional responsibilities of the position will include:
- Must be able use SAP for work orders, purchase orders, planning work and scheduling parts for the plant.
- Must be able to order parts and run MRP for parts reorder.
- Must be able to operate the CMMS computer system in SAP. Training will be given.
- Must be able to receive parts, tap and distribute part in crib.
- Must have good typing skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to set up all PM's for equipment as needed.
- Must have good organization skills.
- Must be able to work around chemicals and tools for gathering and logging data.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills / Requirements
- 1 to 2 years of inventory/maintenance/purchasing experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is required including Microsoft Office - Word and Excel.
- Basic math skills.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: Typically 7am – 3:30pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Job Status: Full Time