Class A CDL Truck Driver -Regional/Hourly, Lakeland, FL
Carpenter Company, is currently seeking Class A CDL Truck Driver- Regional/ Hourly to join our Lakeland Division in Lakeland, FL. Drivers have assigned, no-slip seating in company owned day cabs, generally operating within a 500 mile round trip area and are home nightly. The successful candidate will be expected to safely and efficiently deliver finished products to customers at various locations.
Communicates on a daily basis with multiple levels of Company personnel and most importantly with external customers. Performs work in the setting of a Company truck with exposure to weather conditions and various customer locations. Major challenges involve the on time delivery of products to customers while complying with various state and Federal laws and regulations, such as DOT regulations, etc.
High School Diploma or GED
One to two years driving experience and product delivery required to perform the job. Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must have and maintain a valid CDL driver's license and pass a DOT physical.
- Must be registered with DOT drug and alcohol testing clearinghouse.
- Previous employment checks must be acceptable.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to read and interpret measuring tape.
- Receive and understand instructions from Dispatcher, and external customers.
- The Company runs electronic logs and a GPS system. You will receive on-the-job training on the JJ Keller system.
- Pre-Pass and weigh station pass system operative in all company tractors.
- Company cell phone and fuel cards issued to each driver.
- The loads are mostly no touch freight of polystyrene material.
- Ability to lift approximately 75 lbs., on occasion, may be required.
- Required to perform checks to equipment and/or vehicle used at start, during, and end of use.
- Fueling and checking of equipment's fluid levels required of unit, or units used.
- Know, understand, and strictly adhere to all State and Federal DOT rules and regulations governing the Company products and materials.
- Must be knowledgeable of the loading and unloading of hydraulic squeeze trailer.
- Required to perform checks to equipment and/or vehicle used tat start, during, and and end of use.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all customers.
- Ability to communicate and relay information to others.
- Possess and maintain a clean MVR within Company's guidelines.
- Properly follow administrative procedures regarding billing and manifest paperwork.
- Transport and deliver materials and services per customer requirements.
- Fill in as yard driver when needed.
- Fin in /work in plant when needed.
- Know, understand, and strictly follow Carpenter Co. Code of Conduct and employment policies, rules and regulations.
Medical, Dental, and Vision provided at low cost premium. 401k, Profit Sharing Plan, 2 weeks paid vacation, and 10 Holidays
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: from $19.73/hour
Two increases within 6 months.
Job Status: Full Time