Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Division Accountant at our manufacturing division in Russellville, KY. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Division Accountant performs accounting activities to record, analyze and monitor financial information. The Divison Accountant prepares financial reports in a manner that ensures accuracy and compliance with company accounting policies. Reporting to the Division Controller, this position will maintain accounting oversight of the Russellville Division which will include preparation and analysis of reports, cost creation, financial analysis and frequent communication with various corporate departments, plant locations, and senior management.
- Verify accuracy of department financial statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Prepare margin projections on a weekly basis
- Analyze and maintain quoting and production materials
- Prepare weekly and monthly scheduling that analyzes the performance of various product lines
- Prepare monthly P&L analysis for review by management
- Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Prepare schedules for corporate distribution
- Oversees monthly, quarterly and yearly inventory procedures throughout the division
- Ad hoc projects as required
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- 3-5 years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.