Account Manager, Furniture and Bedding
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for an Account Manager within our Furniture and Bedding division. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Account Manager works with and supports the furniture and bedding team to ensure that customers have a positive experience. The incumbent will be responsible for building and maintaining business relationships with furniture and bedding clients in the Upper Mid-West territory through prospecting, planning and effective communication.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Know and understand Carpenter’s products and capabilities
- Service existing accounts and prospect and close new business accounts through organization and efficient planning
- Work with manufacturing plant personnel, Reinhart Technical Center and management to develop solutions to customer issues
- Interface with customers support staff and Carpenter’s internal staff to ensure successful flow of information and orders
- Prepare weekly call and sales reports
- Prepare monthly and annual territory analysis to strategize and discuss business goals
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or other related discipline
- 3 to 5 years of business to business experience
- 3+ years of experience in in sales of consumer goods for a manufacturing company
- Cold calling experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Prior sales experience bedding, furniture or foam preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to travel 4 to 5 overnights per month
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.