Vice President, Consumer Products
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Vice President of Consumer Products at our Corporate Office in Richmond, Virginia. This position is responsible for managing Carpenter Co.'s direct to retail and direct to consumer product offerings for top of bed products. The Vice President of Consumer Products is responsible for analyzing the competitive landscape as well as market trends and creating and developing product offerings with a focus on aesthetics, form and function. The Consumer Products team sets the creative environment for packaging and marketing initiatives that provides the Company with a completive advantage.
The Consumer Products team at Carpenter Co. focuses on top of bed products including pillows, mattress toppers, mattress pads and other comfort cushioning products. The Vice President is responsible for managing and facilitating a cross functional team designed to bring new products to market from ideation to prototype to scale up, focusing on polyurethane foam and polyester fiber. By setting goals and objectives and creating effective pathway to market the Company's products, the Vice President will ensure both team and company success through sound leadership and creativity.
Additional responsibilities of the Vice President will include:
- Oversee P&L of the Consumer Products Division.
- Manage the profitability of the division, the product mix, channel strategy and the sales activities
- Works with manufacturing and procurement to ensure that supply chain efficiencies are realized.
- Responsible for ensuring sales and customer service are aligned to deliver superior performance.
- Participates along with other key managers in developing our strategies for the Bedding and Furniture markets.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives. Serves as member of management committees offering insights and input on company business and functions.
- Hire and train staff in sales, design, product development and office management
- Maintain core position and messaging, synthesizing the value proposition across all product categories.
- Create market positioning and differentiation for products and services.
- Author sales collateral for sales people and for point of purchase applications.
- Direct, lead, and organize tradeshows.
- Direct the maintenance and evolution of the Company’s social media presence, sleepbetter.org and carpenter.com web sites. Drive branding awareness activities.
- Travel as needed to meet directly with customers, to attend conferences and tradeshows. Travel to locations where production is taking place. Travel with sourcing as needed.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of related experience in top of bed Consumer Products. Prior experience with foam and fiber is a plus.
- Prior Sales Management experience with teams of 5 or more.
- Prior Sales and Marketing experience; designing marketing collateral, interfacing with and negotiating with customers.
- Ability to travel up to 60%.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.