VCC Operator (Saw Operator) (Longview 3rd)
Carpenter Co. has a employment opportunity for a Vertical Contour Cutter (saw) operator in our Longview, NC plant. We have open positions on 1st and 3rd shifts.
Job Summary: Operation of contour cutter to ensure maximum usage of foam bun/sheet stock, or rolled fiber material with a minimal generation of trim
Position Scope: Ongoing communication with co-workers, supervision and branch management. Works in a normal production environment using highly technical computerized production equipment. Some exposure to temperature extremes conducive with seasonal changes. Major challenges are to safely produce quality products on time and with a minimum amount of waste in keeping with the value of order
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Read and interpret a tape measure.
- Safely operate a forklift.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Prior machine cutting experience required.
- Some computer skills needed
- Perform cutting operations according to programs and customer specifications.
- Perform quality checks on materials to ensure the product meets customer specifications.
- Unload finished cut buns and blocks and transport to next production area.
- Maintain communication with line personnel to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Record pertinent information of programs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification, and operate the truck safely and efficiently
Pay: $17.30 to $18.55/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a 1.00/hour shift differential for all hours worked on 3rd shift. There is also bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for all employees working 40 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time