Utility Operator - Carpet Cushion
Carpenter Co is looking for a dedicated individual to join our Richmond, VA plant as a Utility Operator in our Carpet Cushion department. The Utility Operator is responsible for the following:
- Must be able to perform all positions on the carpet cushion with the greatest efficiency possible.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Train new employees in any and/or all areas of the department.
- Perform quality checks.
- Perform visual inspection of assigned machine(s).
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
Carpenter Co is looking for a committed team player that takes pride in their performance. In addition, the Utility Operator should have the following skills/ requirements:
- High school diploma
- 1+ year of manufacturing experience
- Forklift experience required
- Ability to read basic tape measure
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow directions
- Ability to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to be at work on time
- Computer Skills - Basic computer skills are essential; Preferred knowledge of SAP, but not necessary.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
NO PHONE CALLS
Pay: $19 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time