Carpenter Company has immediate openings for a non-CDL Truck Driver at our Taylorsville, NC fabrication plant. This position is responsible for operating and maintaining a company vehicle to deliver finished products to external customers safely, on time, and following company policies and government regulations within a defined geographic delivery area.
Carpenter Company employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Receive and understand instructions from Shipping Supervisor, and External Customers
- Maintain a positive relationship with all customers
- Communicate and relay information to others
- Possess and maintain a clean MVR record within company guidelines
- Follow administrative procedures regarding billing and manifest paperwork
- Transport and deliver materials and service per customer requirements
- Know, understand, and strictly adhere to state traffic laws.
- Report conditions that may affect the operations of the vehicle
- Assist in loading and unloading product(s)
- Perform checks to equipment and/or vehicle used at start, during, and end of use
- Fuel and check equipment fluid levels required of unit/units used
- Note any errors or customer concerns to company management as soon as practical
- Additional work inside the production area will be necessary.
Skills and Requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Valid NC driver license
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
Carpenter Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic(s).
Job Status: Full Time