Truck Driver Class A CDL - EPS Fogelsville, FL
HOME EVERY NIGHT!
Carpenter Company is currently seeking CDL Truck Drivers - Local / Hourly to join our Fogelsville, PA location. Drivers have assigned, no-slip seating in company owned day cabs, generally operating within a 500 mile round trip area and are home nightly. The successful candidate will be expected to safely and efficiently deliver finished products to customers at various locations.
Communicates on a daily basis with multiple levels of Company personnel and most importantly with external customers. Performs work in the setting of a Company truck with exposure to weather conditions and various customer locations. Major challenges involve the on time delivery of products to customers while complying with various state and Federal laws and regulations, such as DOT regulations, etc.
High School Diploma or GED
One year driving experience and product delivery required to perform the job. Specific on the job training is provided.
Stable Company with Growth and Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan!
- Paid for all hours worked-Mileage-Hourly-Unloading Pay-Meals
- We also have Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Skills / Requirements
- Must have and maintain a valid A CDL driver's license including Manual Transmission Endorsement, but no experience required and pass a DOT Physical.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and previous employment checks must be acceptable.
- Must adhere to all DOT Regulations and practice safe driving techniques.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Must maintain accurate paperwork and electronic DOT logs.
- Must unload finished product at each destination as required.
- Must be able to lift product weighing 50 to 90 lbs. each.
- Must follow all Carpenter Co. rules to include safety regulations, attendance and personal conduct.
- Receive and understand instructions from Dispatcher, and external customers.
- The Company runs electronic logs and a GPS system. You will receive on-the-job training on the JJ Keller system.
- Pre-Pass and weigh station pass system operative in all company tractors.
- Company cell phone and fuel cards issued to each driver.
- The loads are mostly no touch freight of polystyrene material.
- Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs., on occasion, may be required.
- Required to perform checks to equipment and/or vehicle used at start, during, and end of use.
- Fueling and checking of equipment's fluid levels required of unit, or units used.
- Know, understand, and strictly adhere to all State and Federal DOT rules and regulations governing the Company products and materials.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all customers.
- Ability to communicate and relay information to others.
- Possess and maintain a clean MVR within Company's guidelines.
- Properly follow administrative procedures regarding billing and manifest paperwork.
- Transport and deliver materials and services per customer requirements.
Absolutely NO phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time