Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Traffic Manager at our Tupelo, MS manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for all functions related to the safe and efficient operation of the Traffic department, including OTR drivers and truck shop personnel.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to directly supervise the functions of hourly production personnel and communicate daily with management regarding production, personnel, scheduling, and quality.
Additional responsibilities of the Traffic Manager may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure all drivers are following all DOT regulations
- Review common carriers' pricing and service standards
- Review with dispatcher any changes in scheduling loads or assigning drivers
- Manage and maintain a safe operation as per all company standards and guidelines / ensure company policy is being communicated and adhered to
- Establish and maintain a level of quality consistent with customer expectations
- Review and approve all departmental personnel timecards
- Coordinates daily operational needs with the truck shop maintenance team
Skills and Requirements
- Associate's degree and/or equivalent supervisory experience
- Basic computer skills, including but not limited to, Word and Excel
- Flexibility to work off hours or ability to work extended hours as needed
- 2-4 years traffic experience
- 1-3 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of SAP (preferred but not required)
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time