Team Machine Operators
Highest production pay rate at plant after 3 certifications!
Carpenter Co. has two immediate openings for Carpet Cushion Advanced Machine Operators on 2nd shift [3:30pm - 11:30pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for operating all equipment in the carpet cushion department while meeting production and quality standards for the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department and supervisor. This position will also involve moving carpet cushion rolls which will require the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional responsibilities of the Carpet Cushion Machine Operators will include:
- Visual inspection of assigned machine.
- Watch for defects in the material.
- Plan work flow with lead person or supervisor to ensure proper product is ready for the next production task.
- Perform quality checks.
- Proper operation of assigned machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Minor machinery troubleshooting.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- One year manufacturing experience.
- Machine operator experience required.
- Basic Computer experience required and SAP preferred.
- Must be able to train on 1st shift for about 90 days.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Highest production pay rate at plant after certification!
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 3:30pm- 1:30pm and must be able to train on 1st shift for about 90 days.
Job Status: Full Time