Carpenter Co has an exciting career opportunity available for a Tax Accountant for our Corporate office in Richmond, VA! This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Tax Accountant assists with income tax compliance (including foreign information returns), accounting, and research. This position will also assist with various projects as required.
- Assist with the preparation of the federal and state income tax returns and their various components
- Assist with the preparation of various US federal and state non-income tax filings
- Assist with the preparation of foreign information returns and other international forms
- Preparation of various supporting tax calculations and workpapers
- Assist with federal and state tax inquiries and audits
- Prepare miscellaneous tax forms and filings as required for US and international locations
- Assist in calculation of monthly and annual tax provisions, including tax workpaper preparation and analysis of current and deferred taxes
- Prepare transfer pricing documentation and assist with monitoring
- Assist with federal, state, and international tax monitoring, research, planning, and projects
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relation field
- 1+ years of public or corporate tax experience preferred
- Understanding of concepts regarding tax laws and tax accounting practices and procedures
- Knowledge of tax research methods with ability to interpret tax laws, to prepare general tax research memorandums, and to formulate recommendations for management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with ERP software
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Preference for CPA and/or Masters in Taxation
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time