Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Staff Accountant at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for tracking, analyzing and reconciling promotional activity for the Carpet padding division. In addition, the Staff Accountant will track and analyze the performance of North American Sales and accurately process disbursements.
- Track, process, and reconcile convention, promotion, and performance incentives
- Accurate and consistent reporting of gross profit comparisons to sales team and upper management
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations
- Advanced Excel skills to include creating and using pivot tables, v-lookup, and charts for analysis purposes
- Reconciliation of promotional customer trips with appropriate reporting of costs for tax purposes
- Monthly review of credit card processing fees to ensure accurate allocation of fees
- Support the annual audit process by providing requested documentation to internal and/or external auditors
- Assist with planning promotional trips as needed
- Administrative duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1+ years of accounting experience and knowledge of GAAP preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional communication skills and customer service experience
- Ability to meet processing and reporting deadlines
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time